- Jamaican Exports Not Worth Cost Of Imported Fuel. Data unearthed by diGJamaica.com revealed that the value of exports do not even cover the imported fuel bill, let alone cover food imported at $9.5 Million per hour, Manufactured Goods imported at $6.4 Million per hour and more….[read more here at Jamaica-Gleaner.com]. Visit these diGJamaica.com links for more about imports and exports.
- Students Left Idle – Children In Public Schools Short-Changed By Lack Of Substitute-Teacher Programme. Two years after a report by the Jamaica Teaching Council (JTC) found students left unattended by teachers on leave or sick, the Ministry of Education has yet to implement the recommended substitute teachers program…[read more at Jamaica-Gleaner.com] and in a related article: Down The Drain – Jamaican Students Lose Years Of Teaching And Learning During School Career Because Of A Lack Of Substitute Teachers: According to a study published by the Jamaica Teaching Council (JTC) , “if one should calculate the number of teacher absences taken from the selected institutions for the first 69 days (36 per cent of school year) of the 190 days that make up a school year, one can conclude that students in Region One lost a total of three years and three months of their schooling”…[read more at Jamaica-Gleaner.com]
- New $184 Million Gaming Lounge For Wyndham. Businessman Adam Epstein and partner Gassan Azan have invested more than US$2 million (about J$184 million) to further expand into the gaming sector, with the Vault gaming lounge scheduled to be opened at the Wyndham Hotel in New Kingston next week…. [read more at Jamaica-Gleaner.com]
- J-FLAG Stands Behind Dancehall – Gay Rights Group Bats For Reformed Artists. The controversial Jamaica Forum for Lesbians, All-Sexuals and Gays (J-FLAG) is offering to help dancehall and reggae artistes respond to efforts by gay-rights groups overseas to boycott their performances and music….[read more at Jamaica-Gleaner.com]
- diGJamaica.com Top 5 FYI. Have a look at 5 tips taken from our our Protecting Your Debut Card Or Credit Card PIN blog post. [read more at Jamaica-Gleaner.com]
- ‘Breadfruit Roasting On A Open Fire’. Don’t miss these 64 Easy Delicious Jamaican Christmas Recipes from The Gleaner Christmas Cookbook 2012 and the diGJamaica.com Slideshow on Jamaican Food... [read more at Jamaica-Gleaner.com]
And today in 1969: “There is a shortage of postage stamps in the 1c, 2c, and 5c denomination range as a result of what appears to be an unusual dispatch of Christmas cards”…read more here on This Day In Our Past.